Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Just too good


So I wrote a "Naming Ceremony" tonight that I wiull perform on Sunday for my Nephew. 

In the process of writing I was looking for quotes and things to add in. In the process of searching for speeches from parent to child one of the many speeches that google presented me with was this:

"The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore that watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And then, little man, I gave the watch to you."

Just thought I would share. 

No comments: